ATOXIA (Etoricoxib) used to manage the symptoms of joint pain and swelling that accompany osteoarthritis (OA), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), gouty arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis (AS).
Your doctor will prescribe ATOXIA for you only after you have used other medicines, i.e paracetamol for your condition and it has not been suitable for you. Your doctor will want to discuss your treatment with ATOXIA from time to time.It is important that you use the lowest dose that controls your pain and you should not take ATOXIA for longer than necessary. This is because the risk of heart attacks and strokes might increase after prolonged treatment, especially with high doses.
ATOXIA is used for the following:
- acute and chronic treatment of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis (OA) :Osteoarthritis is a joint disease. It results from the gradual breakdown of the cartilage that covers the joints and cushions the ends of bones. Symptoms of osteoarthritis include pain, tenderness, stiffness of one or more joints, and physical disability. The hips and knees are the most commonly affected joints, but other joints such as those of the hands and spine may also be affected. Osteoarthritis is more common in women than in men. Many factors can lead to the development of osteoarthritis including obesity and joint injury (eg. from sport).
- acute and chronic treatment of the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis: (RA) Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disease that causes pain, stiffness, swelling and loss of function in the joints and inflammation in other body organs.
- management of ankylosing spondylitis:( AS) Ankylosing spondylitis is an inflammatory disease of the spine and large joints.
- relief of chronic musculoskeletal pain.
- relief of acute pain, including pain associated with minor dental procedures.
- to treat acute gouty arthritis: (GA) Gout is a disorder characterized by sudden, recurring attacks of pain and inflammation in one or more joints.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.