Penicillins are used to treat infections caused by bacteria. They work by killing the bacteria or preventing their growth.
There are several different kinds of penicillins. Each is used to treat different kinds of infections. One kind of penicillin usually may not be used in place of another. In addition, penicillins are used to treat bacterial infections in many different parts of the body. They are sometimes given with other antibacterial medicines (antibiotics). Some of the penicillins may also be used for other problems as determined by your doctor. However, none of the penicillins will work for colds, flu, or other virus infections. Penicillins are available only with your doctor’s prescription.
To reduce the development of drug-resistant bacteria and maintain the effectiveness of Duramox and other antibacterial drugs, Duramox should be used only to treat infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by bacteria. When culture and susceptibility information are available, they should be considered in selecting or modifying antibacterial therapy. In the absence of such data, local epidemiology and susceptibility patterns may contribute to the empiric selection of therapy.
HOW SHOULD TO USE DURAMOX!
Use Duramox suspension as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Duramox suspension by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Shake well before each use.
- Use a measuring device marked for medicine dosing. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- Duramox suspension may be mixed with formula, milk, fruit juice, water, ginger ale, or other cold drinks. If you mix Duramox suspension, take it at once after mixing. Be sure that the entire dose is swallowed.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Duramox suspension for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Duramox suspension, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.