Zentel 400 mg (Albendazole)
Zentel 400 mg (Albendazole), It is used to treat infections caused by worms (round worm, tapeworm, pinworm). Zentel 400 mg belongs to class of medications called anti-helminthic. It works by keeping the worm from absorbing sugar (glucose), so that the worm loses energy and dies. Albendazole is an anthelmintic or anti-worm medication.Albendazole is an anthelmintic or anti-worm medication. It is used to prevent newly hatched insect larvae (worms) from growing or multiplying in your body. It is prescribed primarily for the treatment of some infections caused by worms such as pork tapeworm and dog tapeworm. Albendazole is sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Albenza and Zentel (made by GSK). This medication may also be prescribed for conditions not mentioned here.
Uses of Zentel 400 mg
Albendazole is used to treat infections caused by worms (round worm, tapeworm, pinworm).
Zentel Tablet is an antiparasitic medication. It works by keeping the worms from absorbing sugar (glucose), thereby depleting their energy level. This causes the worms to die and treats your infection.
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Zentel Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- Increased liver enzymes
- Loss of appetite
- You should not take Albendazole anthelmintic or anti-worm medication (Albenza, Zentel) if you have a known allergy to it, or to similar drugs such as mebendazole. Prior to using this medication, you must inform your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs or if you have liver disease or have ever had abnormal liver function tests.
- Taking Albendazole with food will lower any chance of stomach upset. You must strictly complete the entire course of this medication even if your symptoms have subsided before the completion of the medication course.
- Albendazole is a pregnancy category C drug. It may harm an unborn baby if taken while being pregnant. You must not take this medication if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Inform in advance about your pregnancy or any plans of a pregnancy in the near future to your doctor. Employ a good and effective birth control method when you are taking this medication. You must also not get pregnant for at least one month after stopping this medication.
- It is not known whether Albendazole can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Ask your doctor first before using this medication if you are breast feeding.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.